ActiveForums
How did God speak to you through Pastor Louis' message 10/11/09 entitled "What is the Church?"?
Author Messages
CCC Consistory
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
10/11/2009 09:39 AM
I. The Universal Church is the entire body of Christ which includes ________ Christians.

"15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy." Colossians 1:15-18

II. The local church is a congregation of Christians.

"18 In the first place, I hear that when you come together as a church, there are divisions among you, and to some extent I believe it." 1 Corinthians 11:18

A. The focus should be on building up _________, not the physical facility.

"15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work." Ephesians 4:15-16

B. Church leaders are to be servant leaders as ______________ to the flock.

2 Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, serving as overseers—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve; 3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." 1 Peter 5:2-3

III. What is the goal of the local church?

"27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

A. The church should live out Christlike __________________ for the needy.

B. The church should live out Christlike __________________.

---
Active Forums 4.1