JANUARY 19, 2020 ANNOUNCEMENTS
1. Please join us at our Chinese New Year Luncheon on February 2, 2020 at 12:00pm (after Sunday Worship Service) at our Gym/ Fellowship Hall. The event is free but please RSVP no later than January 28 at email@example.com or (916) 424-8900. To make it logistically easier for our organizers and kitchen crew to prepare for this luncheon (i.e., to anticipate last-minute changes), please make sure to submit an RSVP if you do plan to attend and be mindful of the 1/28 RSVP deadline. Thank you.
2. The Preaching Series: Great Leaders-Great Lives continues and will run through March 29, 2020. This sermon series focuses on some of the most influential figures of the Old Testament and the lessons and inspiration we can derive from their triumphs and struggles. For more information, please contact Pastor Doman.
3. If you are interested in baptism and church membership, please contact Pastor Doman who plans to hold a Baptism and Church Membership Class on February 9, 2020.
4. Our brother Stan Spencer wishes to invite all adults to the Adult Bible Study every Monday night at 7:00pm. This Monday group is a pleasant opportunity for any adult to study spiritual themes in the Word of God as they apply to his/her life, gather in prayer and praise, and to have fellowship in a relaxed and open atmosphere. Please do join us or try us out. Be assured that your Monday nights will be time well spent.
5. CCC's Annual Chinese New Year Food Box Project for needy Asian Families started last Sunday. Chinese New Year begins Saturday, January 25. Sign up to be part of this outreach and mission project. Contact Maybelle Whang for more information.
6. We are seeking teams of two people to "Adopt a Month" to set up the tables and chairs for refreshment time and Sunday School (usually only takes 15-20 minutes max and new volunteers will be trained). The setup can be done as early as Friday evening or 8:30am Sunday morning. We currently have three months covered but more help will be needed for the remainder of the year. If you can help, please see Eddie Silva.
7. January 2020 is our Church Storage Clean-up Month. If you have any long-forgotten or unused personal items stored, retained, or lying around in our church building’s rooms, admin office, conference room, supply room, gym, kitchen, hallways (i.e. within cabinets, bookshelves, drawers, built-in shelves, cupboards), please remove or retrieve them.